kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snappy Compression
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 18:06:44 GMT
Hi Joe,

Its great to hear you want to contribute the Snappy codec. Please file
a JIRA and assign it to yourself. Also, wondering if you can try these
new performance tests on your patch to compare GZIP vs Snappy
performance - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-176

Particularly, producer and consumer throughput with GZIP and Snappy.

Thanks,
Neha