kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating (candidate 5)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 02:21:29 GMT
Thanks everyone for responding. Is the general consensus to let the
distribution be as is? We can always revisit publishing to Maven once that
ticket is resolved for next release.

Thanks,
Neha

On Sunday, November 6, 2011, Alan D. Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> I am of the same mind as Chris.  I'm not here to pass value judgments on
what projects wish to put in their releases.  If I see something odd I will
merely point it out and let the project decide on what to do.

> On Nov 5, 2011, at 10:32 PM, Chris Douglas wrote:
>
>> I went through the included jars and didn't see anything that couldn't
>> be redistributed. I also found all the licenses (included with the
>> jars) that were required. I think the current release can go out
>> as-is. I prefer source distributions and publishing to maven, but
>> (again) I don't know others' downstream expectations. -C
>
> Thanks for slogging through all those jars.  If you're willing to vouch
for the jars' licenses then I think things are good for a release.