kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Stein <crypt...@gmail.com>
Subject Snappy Compression
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 17:39:09 GMT
Hi folks, I am about to create a new JIRA ticket to add Snappy compression
codec.  I would like to contribute this myself if that is ok.

I will modify CompressionUtils, CompressionCodec and CompressionUtilsTests
and upload a patch to that ticket once I am done.

There is a good chance I can get to this before Monday but not sure yet and
I expect this being my first toe dip changing the code to take a bit more
time than I expect.

I will be at Hadoop World NYC this week if anyone is around and wants to
put names to faces, let me know.  Cheers!

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/