kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating (candidate 5)
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 14:42:52 GMT

On Nov 4, 2011, at 7:29 AM, Chris Burroughs wrote:

> On 11/03/2011 03:41 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> Zowie.  Look at all these jars that I have to make sure are kosher to distribute:
>>

>> Can someone help me?
>>

> Assuming we can cut down on the boot/test jars. All we need is a table
> of "jar-name,licence", correct?

As far as the number of jars I am only concerned with regard to the size of the distribution,
50M.  That seems excessive to me and provides no real value given that the consumers of the
distribution can easily build the product themselves.

With that said, yes, it would be helpful of there was a list:

jar name, license, URL that indicates the license for the jar

Regards,
Alan