kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Kreps <jay.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kafka-49
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 03:58:37 GMT
It might be nice to consider making the ack optional and part of the
request. The current behavior is good for many uses, the request is
instantaneously written to the socket buffer but sent asynchronously. I
think that is a valuable use case where you care about throughput. I guess
the question is whether the asynchronous api already covers that well enough
and how much complexity exposing that causes.

-Jay