kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kafka-49
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 00:51:38 GMT
Jeff,

I was thinking of making the ACK mandatory for the producer. The ACK can be
sent when the message either hits 1 replicas or multiple replicas, depending
on the setting.

Having the ACK include the starting offset of the message seems reasonable.
It will be a bit complicated for multisend since multiple offsets have to be
returned. What do you need the offset for?

Thanks,

Jun