jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mohamed Niyas" <niyas.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Query | Regarding the remote execution of virtual users.
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:31:22 GMT
Dear Friends,

I am new to this Jmeter forum. I am using Jmeter as a tool
for our performance testing track. Even i am new to the Jmeter tool. If my
questions are irrelevant please ignore those questions...I have some
questions to clarify... let me post it to you... please send me a reply when
u find time.

I have a requirement to load 8000 virtual users in to our system. This is
the number which we got a peak load factor from our clients.

*Questions are:*

Q1) How can I divide the no of virtual users into different segments(which
would be running in different PC's) and load the virtual users
incrementally on the timely basis.  I meant how to use the scripts with
multiple system to load users incrementally?

Q2) Significance of Ramp up period? What should be its number? How can i
determine/find this is the ramp up period for this test script like that? Is
there any calculations/logic behind that.

Q3) To simulate the real time user scenario, I am using Gaussian Random
Timer after the CSV input file read. Here in that timer i did not change any
values of deviation & constant offset delay. What does the Deviation part
do? even in the Jmeter Apache site , there is no good explanation. Any
thoughts on this? How can i effectively use this timer in order to simulate
the real time user think timing?

Q4) How can i run the Jmeter scripts remotely? Coz i can not load 1000 -
8000 users from a single machine. rather the users load should be
distributed. How can i proceed with this to make this remote kind of set up
for loading the users gradually?
Your thoughts/suggestions are highly appreciated...

--
Thanks in Adance,
Mohamed Niyas M