jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Joseph Ribin Roy" <jose...@aztecsoft.com>
Subject RE: JMeter goes Out of Memory
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 08:56:57 GMT

Try Jmeter in NON-GUI mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ragini Thakur [mailto:raginit@cybage.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 1:54 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JMeter goes Out of Memory

Hi,

We are using JMeter for Performance testing of one of the critical
application. We are using JMeter for testing Web service calls.

When we execute the test with 4 users, the Jmeter goes out of memory and
we can not proceed with the test runs.

We are not using any memory intensive listeners in out test plan. We are
using simple data writer.

The configurations in our Jmeter.bat files are as follows:

rem See the unix startup file for the rationale of the following
parameters,

rem including some tuning recommendations

set HEAP=-Xms512m -Xmx512m

set NEW=-XX:NewSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m

set SURVIVOR=-XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=50%

set TENURING=-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=2

set EVACUATION=-XX:MaxLiveObjectEvacuationRatio=40%

set RMIGC=-Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=600000
-Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=600000

set PERM=-XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

set DEBUG=-verbose:gc -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution

JMeter machine configuration:

32 bit processor and  1.88GHz , 2 CPU and 4GB RAM

Application server configuration:

64 bit processor, 2 CPU and 8GB RAM

We also tried changing the heap size to 1024m but, after that when we
run the Jmeter we get the error as JVM could not be initialized.

Please suggest how we can solve this problem.

Regards,
Ragini Thakur

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain
information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not
an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to
and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the
mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of
any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own
malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information
and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed
and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify
the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your
system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other
person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and
do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail
damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

www.aztecsoft.com