jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Paul Riley <Paul.Ri...@reuters.com>
Subject Using JMeter to performance test Unix application servers
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:09:08 GMT
Hi, newbie here.

I'm currently looking to use JMeter / JUnit as a replacement for our
in-house performance test harness to test an application which is a java
applet front end talking to C++ backend servers running on Unix. The
primary interest is in the performance of the application servers rather
than the applet. Does anyone else out there use it like this, because
everything I've read so far points to JMeter being used for testing /
monitoring webservers. Anyone know of any pitfalls that I should look
out for?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Riley

This email was sent to you by Reuters, the global news and information company.

except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Limited.

Reuters Limited is part of the Reuters Group of companies, of which Reuters Group PLC is the
ultimate parent company.
Reuters Group PLC - Registered office address: The Reuters Building, South Colonnade, Canary
Wharf, London E14 5EP, United Kingdom
Registered No: 3296375
Registered in England and Wales