jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Ragini Thakur" <ragi...@cybage.com>
Subject RE: Re[4]: JMeter goes Out of Memory
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:40:26 GMT
Hi,

I am not sure if JaVa Request is the cause of error. JMeter exceeds heap
memory.

To resolve this issue we are not using Distributed testing in this there
are 2 Jmeter servers. But now we are facing issue of distribution of odd
no of threads across tests. This is because when we configure the no of
threads from Client say N = 7. It will distribute these threads across 2
servers and finally we get 14 requests for each sampler being executed
under thread group. Is their any way to execute odd no of threads in
distributed testing. Please suggest.

Regards,
Ragini Thakur

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitry Kudrenko [mailto:dmitry@ardas.dp.ua]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 6:40 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re[4]: JMeter goes Out of Memory

>> We are using JMeter 2.3.0 and java 1.5. We are not using any
assertions
>> or pre or post processors.
>>
>> Also we are not using the SOAP request sampler. It did not matched
with
>> our performance testing requirement, so we have customized the Java
>> request sampler to invoke web service request.

s> Are you sure that is not the cause of the problem?
I am with sebb. Check the following scenarios:
* Try to start plan with 1,2,3,4 threads and to measure how memory usage
is changed.
* Try to test your JMeter with disabled JavaRequest/or replace it with
test.JavaRequest.
* Try to start your JavaRequest sampler outside JMeter and observe
memory usage.

I think your JavaRequest is a reason of OutOfMemory error.

Can you give me an answer to the following question:
What kind of memory JMeter exceeded (Heap Memory, PermGen space)?
Maybe you can find this information at the console or jmeter.log.

s> JMeter can normally handle many more than 4 threads.

s> For example on my 1GB system I'm currently running a 200 thread Java
s> Request test which is generating over 2000 samples/second. Admittedly
s> the is no IO involved. A test using the HTTP sampler against a local
s> Tomcat shows similar capablilities (200 threads, over 2000
s> samples/second) on the same system.

--
Regards,
Dmitry Kudrenko

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage
Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an
addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender
by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable
for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should
carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com