jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: JMeter goes Out of Memory
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:17:59 GMT
On 10/01/2008, Ragini Thakur <raginit@cybage.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using JMeter 2.3.0 and java 1.5. We are not using any assertions
> or pre or post processors.
>
> Also we are not using the SOAP request sampler. It did not matched with
> our performance testing requirement, so we have customized the Java
> request sampler to invoke web service request.

Are you sure that is not the cause of the problem?

JMeter can normally handle many more than 4 threads.

For example on my 1GB system I'm currently running a 200 thread Java
Request test which is generating over 2000 samples/second. Admittedly
the is no IO involved. A test using the HTTP sampler against a local
Tomcat shows similar capablilities (200 threads, over 2000
samples/second) on the same system.

> Regards,
> Ragini Thakur

Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected
from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not
an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the
sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is
not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."