jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Evans" <robevans1...@gmail.com>
Subject waiting for a response from server
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:48:23 GMT
Hi,

Newbie question.  Sorry if this question has been answered before, I looked
in the archives, but didn't find an answer there.

I've been tasked to test out our oracle portal application server.  I've
been able to use JMeter to record my sessions using the proxy just fine
(session = home page -> logon -> select report and set up -> run report ->
view results -> logout).   But when I try to run a test I run into some
problems.

When the user tells the system to run the report the system goes off and
thinks for a bit (seconds to minutes depending on the report and dates of
interest), when I try to have JMeter perform that part I'm having problems
making it wait until the report is done before it logs off.   I've tried
several different ideas using while loops, response assertions, size
assertions, and timers with no luck.  Is there a cookbook on how to make it
wait until the response is there?   Here's a couple of the structures I
tried I tried

Html request

while loop

assertion (size and response)