jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Srinims <sriniv...@aztec.soft.net>
Subject RE: Problem with Jmeter
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 04:52:26 GMT

Hi Oliver ,

I was wondering if it could be specific to Jmeter 2.2 (not sure though)
Maybe I am missing something else here .I used Jmeter 2.1 on  the same box
and was able to go about 200  threads ( No of threads =200 , Ramp up period
=5 secs)
In this case I am sure that 200 threads don't accumalate to be fired at the
end of the 10th minute .
COuld it be a bug .I left the tests overnight (it was supposed to complete
in 10 mns as per the duration set) but it  went on :((( endlessly .

The other thing that i wanted to know is "Testing of AJAX apps using Jmeter
"
How would u simulate a HTTP Request with an XML payload ?
Secondly what  is the response time  in case of AJAX apps considering that
you could have javascript making multiple asynchronous calls behind the
scenes ?
How would I know end to end response time for AJAX apps ?
I presume that the response time that Jmeter displays now is the end to end
time - Time for request + Processing time at the server + network latency
time .
I also presume that when we say Throughput  in Jmeter it referrs to
"requests/sec " or "Transactions/sec"  in terms of the processing capability
of the application .
Pls correct me if I am wrong .

Sent from the JMeter - User forum at Nabble.com.