jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Yanroy <rmea...@wpi.edu>
Subject Re: Problem with CSVRead and multithread
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:11:02 GMT

Mart,
It seems you're having almost exactly the same problem I am!  I was wishing
for something similar to the CSV data set config element, except that would
allow each thread to have its own pointer.  No such thing exists.  I was
told beanshell would be a good solution to this.  Since I'm still learning
beanshell, I haven't gotten back to that point in my design yet, but I
currently intend to read the entire file into memory at startup and then it
can be randomly accessed.  I need more of a hashtable than a CSV data set
anyways.  I suspect, however, that because each thread has it's own instance
of the beanshell interpreter, it will load a copy of the file for each
thread - the only advantage of loading into memory (aside from lookup speed)
is that it will prevent file locking problems between threads (if there
would be any).  Good luck.

Ryan (aka Yanroy)