jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter installation problems
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:36:17 GMT
On 03/08/06, Mikko Ohtamaa <mikko.ohtamaa@ardites.com> wrote:

> >I'm trying to get jmeter to run on an Linux Box, i keep on getting the
> following errors:
>   at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main (ExecJarName.java:67)
>   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75)
>   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75) JMeter home directory was
> detected as: /root stagshoot02:~/jakarta-jmeter-2.2/bin#
>
> Hi,
>
> (I am not expert on Jmeter, just downloaded it today). Looks like you are
> trying to run Jmeter on Kaffe virtual machine instead of Sun's JVM. This
> might be cause of the problems since they have different input arguments.
> http://java.sun.com and install Sun JVM. If you already have it, modify your
> environment settings or Jmeter start-up script to use Sun instead of Kaffe.

You can get rid of the -X errors by changing

java $JVM_ARGS $ARGS -jar `dirname $0`/ApacheJMeter.jar "$@"

java $JVM_ARGS -jar `dirname $0`/ApacheJMeter.jar "$@"

but whether that will fix all the problems, I don't know.

As far as I know, JMeter itself does not use any non-standard Java,
but recently I've only tested it on Windows and OpenVMS (I did test on
a Unix box a while back, but I think that was running Sun Java).

S.