jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Constant Throughput Timer
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:21:03 GMT

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Constant_Throughput_Timer

> Now consider the following case:
>
> No of threads : -100
> Ramp Up time -10 secs
 > In this case it would mean that the server would be hit 10 users /sec.

No, the ramp-up time is how long JMeter takes to start all the threads.

It would start 10 threads per second, but the number of server
hits/second depends on the contents of the test plan.

> Now pls let me know how the usage of a constant throughput timer would help.
> I am still able to ensure that there are a miimum of 10 threads/sec at any
> point of time in the 10 sec run.

It is not sensible to plan a perfomance test lasting only 10 seconds.

What are you trying to achieve by the test?