jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Jmeter
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:05:32 GMT
On 02/08/06, Srinims <srinivass@aztec.soft.net> wrote:

> Hi Sebb ,
>
> I am using Jmeter 2.2 . JVM is 1.4.2_03-b02. OS - WInXP with SP2 .
> The IIS server that I am hitting is on WIn2003 server box .

Might be worth updating the JVM - current release is 1.4.2_12.

> Even with the current setting i.e 22 threads/sec for a 10mn duration  tha
> max no of threads that could exist at the 10th minute is 220 which would
> never be the case bcoz some threads would have completed execution by then

Well, in that case run the test for longer, and/or reduce the ramp-up a bit.
Trying to start every thread at once is likely to cause problems.

> .I presume that my P4 machine (3 GHz) with 1 GB  RAM could support at least
> 150-225 threads .

Depends on the contents of the test. If there are lots of listeners
and assertions etc, it may be fewer.