jmeter-user mailing list archives

From m...@interia.pl
Subject Re: Re: Problem with CSVRead and multithread
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 10:21:36 GMT
Yanroy napisaƂ(a):

> Mart,
> It seems you're having almost exactly the same problem I am!  I was
> wishing
> for something similar to the CSV data set config element, except that
> would
> allow each thread to have its own pointer.  No such thing exists.

I disagree. I've just solved the problem and all works together as I wished.

To gain independent pointers to each of the threads you have to open the file in every thread
using unique named alias. Unique name you can provide using threadNum() function. Then, in
main loop, you will do simple 2-stages action (fetch + next). See the example:

init:
${__CSVRead(${scenariosPath}${scenarioId}.scn,*myAlias${__threadNum()})}

loop:
$moduleId = ${__CSVRead(*myAlias${__threadNum()},0)}
${__CSVRead(*myAlias${__threadNum()},next)}

--

Greetings,

mart