jmeter-user mailing list archives

From m...@interia.pl
Subject Re: Re: Problem with CSVRead and multithread
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:05:04 GMT
Hello,

> It seems you're having almost exactly the same problem I am!  I was
> wishing
> for something similar to the CSV data set config element, except that
> would
> allow each thread to have its own pointer.  No such thing exists.  I was
> told beanshell would be a good solution to this.  Since I'm still
> learning
> beanshell, I haven't gotten back to that point in my design yet, but I
> currently intend to read the entire file into memory at startup and then
> it
> can be randomly accessed.

There is an another option. Instead of reading plain files from disk you can read them by
http requests to dedicated httpserver. Since the only type of needed access is "read only",
it would be useful. However, the efficiency will suffer. To avoid building to much facilities
you could use Jetty or dedicated apache http (maybe with php for better flexibility). Unfortunately
for me there is no such option :(

--

Greetings,

mart