jmeter-user mailing list archives

From m...@interia.pl
Subject Re: Re: Problem with CSVRead and multithread
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:04:21 GMT
sebb napisaƂ(a):
> The problem
> pointers in each
> from
>
> They are not independent. There is only one pointer to the next free
row.

Really?

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__CSVRead

"Each thread has its own internal pointer to its current row in the file
array."

> CSV in
> previously
> with number of
> > >

> No idea what that means.

I would like to iterate through whole scenario file in every thread. In
other words - every thread should run the same scenario - module by
module.

> are no
> > > examples of *ALIAS in manual nor in mailing lists.
> > >
> CSVRead(file,*ALIAS) - open file and assign to ALIAS
> CSVRead(*ALIAS,0) - read column 0

I've tried exactly the same syntax but without desired result (CSVRead
(*ALIAS,0) have returned an empty string)

> CSVRead, StringFromFile and CSV Data Set are all designed to be used
> in much the same way. The file contains multiple rows. Each time a
> thread is ready for more data it is given the next line of data.

I wanted to have the same file opened many times by all threads or the
file opened only once but with different file pointers - one per every
thread. I supposed CSVRead with *ALIAS will be helpful, however I couldn't
make it working. I'll try anyway.

--

Greetings,

mart