jmeter-user mailing list archives

From m...@interia.pl
Subject Problem with CSVRead and multithread
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:25:57 GMT
Hello,

I've encountered a non-trivial problem I cannot solve - how to open many times the same file
(each
in separate thread) or - how to manage file pointer for one opened file for each
thread separately?

Here is a short description of my application:

It's a bot created to perform tests. Bot is created based on jmeter. The structure
of test is simple:
- each test plan (scenario) consists of sequence of test modules.
- each module represents a bit of test (e.g. - loading a single webpage)
Both - scenarios and modules have unique IDs. Scenario is defines as sequence of
modules' IDs, module - as java codes (Beanshell samplers).

While running a test user has to enter at least a scenario ID. Bot reads (CSVRead)
line of definition of scenario (module IDs), and then loads (BeanShell sampler) and
runs the appropriate module. Module returns at end status of operation, that
determinates the following operations (return with Err or continue to the happy
end).

As long as I run one-thread tests all seems to be working properly. The problem
begins in case of number of threads. CSVRead allows to manage file pointers in each
thread independently but - here is the catch - each time I load value from CSV in
new thread - I'm given not the first value from file, but the next to previously
read by another thread. So - I cannot operate on the same whole file with number of
threads.

I've tried to use *ALIAS statement, but it doesn't work for me. There are no
examples of *ALIAS in manual nor in mailing lists.

I've tried also CSV Data Set Config and StringFromFile either - but both of them are
unusual in this context.

Perhaps is there any undocumented function of CSVRead allowing to fetch the value in

Can anybody help me? Any suggestions are welcome.

Greetings,

mart