jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject Need help being able to test non-wsdl SOAP web service with jmeter
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:24:22 GMT
Jmeter 2.2, JDK 1.4.2, WebLogic 8.1.4.

This is just a rehash of the note(s) I sent 2 days ago, but I haven't
seen any response, and I really could use some help with this.

I have a SOAP-based web service that uses an ordinary HTTP listener,
running on my localhost.  The service does not have a WSDL.  I have a
standalone tool that uses SAAJ/SOAPConnection to test this service.
That works fine.

I'm now trying to test this with Jmeter.  In my test plan, I added a
thread group, and in that I added a header manager, and then my http
request.  In the header manager I set the "Content-Type" header to
"text/xml".  In the http request, I set all the fields I believe are
relevant, which are name, host, port, POST method, file to send, and
path (beginning with "/", I assume).  I'm not sure what the "name"
attribute is for.  I saved the test plan.  I executed the "Start"
option.

At this point, I see an exception in my server log like this:

javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Unsupported Content-Type:
multipart/form-data

I don't understand why it's getting a Content-Type of
"multipart/form-data", as I'm setting the HTTP header "Content-Type" to
"text/xml".  Is Jmeter assuming it always sends a Content-Type of
"multipart/form-data", so it's sending both header values, and my
service only sees the "multipart/form-data" one?

I also tried using either an httpclient http request, or a
"Webservice(SOAP" request.  The results for these were different, in
that they appeared to do absolutely nothing.  I saw no results, and no
errors.

Note that I copied the weblogic.jar file into the jmeter/lib directory,
to get access to the various protocol classes.