jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter and Selenium
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:20:23 GMT
On 16/08/05, Curelea, Alexandru <acurelea@northnetwork.com> wrote:
> I am wondering whether anyone has ever tried, or at least thought about, using Jmeter
and Selenium together
> (http://selenium.thoughtworks.com/index.html).
>
> We are using Jmeter for both functional and performance testing of our web app, but any
JavaScript we're using is currently a blind spot.  Selenium seems to be by far the simplest
and most flexible option out there for basic JavaScript functional testing (if I'm wrong,
do let me know :p).  It has a Java language driver, which leads me to believe that some sort
of integration with Jmeter might be possible.

> Any thoughts on this?

As far as I can tell, Selenium relies on the JavaScript functionality
provided by the browser - i.e. it does not include a JavaScript engine

S.