jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stover <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem with Constant Timer!
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:47:08 GMT
A trick I have used to good effect -

To simulate the overall delay of a user plus the instantaneous retrieval
of multiple page-embedded resources (when not using the "parse images"
option), I often group such requests under one controller, and then
include within that controller a constant timer with a large negative
value.  The overall timer for the test might be a gaussian.  This has
the effect that any samplers not in these sub-controllers (with negative
timers) are delayed normally, while the samplers in the controllers are
not delayed.  The negative numbers are summed with the positive - any
result less than zero results in no delay.

-Mike