jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TCP sampler help ??
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:33:55 GMT
The TCP Sampler does work, but it is fairly simple.

It only allows for one EOL character (defined as a property). See
jmeter.properties for descriptions of other TCP properties.

Each sampler creates a new connection, so if you have multiple
samplers in a single thread, each one will get a different connection.
[I'm hoping to fix that one day.]

But you can always use it as a base for creating your own protocol
handler, e.g. by creating your own version of the TCPClientImpl class,
and defining the property tcp.handler.

S.
On 7/13/05, srikanth peddireddy <srikanth_mails@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have to test an application which communicates with the server over TCP sockets. I
wanted to simulate number of TCP connections to the server and over each  connection my virtual
users will be requesting some data by following an agreed upon API .