jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stover <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I use dynamic parameters with SOAP/XML-RPC Request?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:30:34 GMT
I see no reason why that shouldn't work just as you expect.  Do you
provide your regex with a default value?  Do you set the variable name
in the regex extractor component to "userid" (ie not "${userid}")?

-Mike

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 23:54 -0400, Jen Lee wrote:
> Hi - I am new to jmeter, and have been trying to setup a test script where I use some
of the output of an XML-RPC request sampler as input to a future xml-rpc sampler. For example,
I have a XML-RPC request that returns;

> <value>
> <int>47692482</int>
> </value>
> <value>
> <int>56795</int>
>         I would like to be able to use the regular expression post-processor to extract
but what I cannot figure out is how to use it later in a future XML-RPC request. Here is my
later request;

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
> <methodCall>
> <methodName>Class1.sqlstruct</methodName>
> <params>
>  <param>
>   <value>
>    <string>SELECT name, type_id FROM namelist WHERE user_id= ${userid}</string>
>   </value>
>  </param>
> </params>
> </methodCall>
>

>         I read the FAQ entitled ' How do I make parameters dynamic, reacting to the unique
server responses of each test run?' and it uses a sample of adding a parameter, but this does
not seem to be an option for the XML-RPC request, only the http samplers.  Does anyone know
if this should work for XML-RPC, and if so, how? Thank You!