jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stover <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jmeter gui
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:00:37 GMT
I'm not a huge SWT fan because it requires separate installations on
each OS, removing most of the advantages of a write-once run anywhere
app.  I doubt the long-term advantages of SWT vs Swing - in other words,
I think SWT's advantages in performance and footprint are likely to be
short-lived, as Swing will likely catch up, and it is basically good
enough already.  Look and feel concerns do not concern me in the least -
I couldn't care less. And spending time rewriting the GUI means not
spending time doing something truly interesting.

-Mike