jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Baumgartner" <christian.baumgart...@tiscover.com>
Subject AW: Jmeter scripting and other tools
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:53:37 GMT
Well, first thank you for your suggestions, that helps me really much..

I actually haven't figured out, how to use the Link Extracotr (HTTP HTML
LINK PARSER), it doesn't work i think. And then there is the problem about
the depth. I haven't found a tool/object for that kind of recusion.
With the RegEx Object I was able to do the first level links, but how to go
further? The HTTP PROXY does ist job too, but only not for my task here.

I would like to use Jmeter, because it seems to be a good tool, but I get
Really confused about the structure of the objects (before/after ==
different results), who gets the next read variable .. It s all so
sequentially. How can i take a result and call the method (or object) before
with the new values?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2005 13:45
An: JMeter Users List
Betreff: Re: Jmeter scripting and other tools

In theory, you can use BeanShell Sampler to do anything - it's just a way of
writing Java code that can be executed by JMeter to perform a sample. For
example, you could write java code to scan the file system looking for
strings in a file.

As far as JMeter is concerned, a sampler is called to perform a _single_
sample (though subresults are also possible). Sample results (with timings)
are then made available to Listeners, Assertions etc for further processing.

Your BSH Sampler would need to keep track of the previous sample to decide
where to go next time it was called. Possible, but messy.

There is already a Link Extractor that can be used to extract the first
level links.

Also the Access Log Sampler can process all the entries in a web-server log.
The format is pretty simple, so it would be easy enough to write a script to
generate a dummy log file that included all the URLs you wanted to test. Or
indeed you could use one of the functions to populate the appropriate fields
in an HTTP Sampler by reading these from a file.

And you can use the proxy recorder to record HTTP sessions.

S.