jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Scott Weisman <sweis...@incentivelogic.com>
Subject problem with regexps and foreach controller
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:07:29 GMT
Hello,

I am a new jmeter user and I am having a problem understanding how
regexps and the foreach controller work.

I am using the sample forEachTestPlan.jmx file, modified only slightly
to fetch the home page on my test server.

It looks like this sample test was created using an earlier version of
jmeter (I am using 2.0.1). In the ForEach controller, I have an HTTP
Request, with a path of ${returnVar} (this is unchanged). This is
supposed to be a placeholder for the matches from the regexp. However, I
get no substitution at all. The HTTP request is "/${returnVar".

Can someone explain why this isn't working?

The docs for regexps in general are very terse, and I would appreciate
any help in that area as well.

Thanks in advance,

Scott