jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <jose.3.kuzhive...@bt.com>
Subject JMeter open sockets
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:29:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm running a test of 50 threads through a Thread Group of 90 requests, I was expecting 50
sockets opened on the server but I found that there were actually one socket opened per request
per thread (totalling 4500 open sockets) and my server eventually ran out of memory and  I
had to shut down the test and the server.
Eventually it took around 4 minutes to release these connections as well but that is the default
keep-open value in unix I guess

My question is whether this is the expected behaviour in JMeter that it opens a new Connection
per HTTP request or have i not set something correctly?

Regards
Jose