jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <jose.3.kuzhive...@bt.com>
Subject RE: JMeter open sockets
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:11:16 GMT

Thanks for that info, but it didnt work for us, i'm trying to track down the setKeepAlive
method calls in the src now.
but the netstat still shows the same number of open sockets all the way until the test ends.

- Jose

-----Original Message-----
From: BAZLEY, Sebastian [mailto:Sebastian.BAZLEY@london.sema.slb.com]
Sent: 08 October 2003 13:02
To: 'JMeter Users List'
Subject: RE: JMeter open sockets

Yes it is, unfortunately.

The default HttpUrlConnection implementation provides no control over when
sockets are re-used, and does not allow more than one request per
connection. [Nor does it allow one to specify HTTP version, as far as I can
tell.]

You should find you get better behaviour by setting keep-alive to false, as
this should cause JMeter to tell the server to close the connection right
away.

You probably will get lower throughput on the server, but at least you
should be able to establish a lower-bound for the server performance.

Let us know if this helps.

There are plans to move to a different HTTP protocol package sometime in the
future...

S.