jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New from Template silently overwrites files
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 13:20:10 GMT
On 9 July 2013 13:01, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 July 2013 12:53, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Le 09/07/2013 11:46, sebb a ecrit :
>>
>>> Just noticed that the "New From Template" feature creates a file in
>>> the current working directory.
>>>
>>> It silently overwrites any file with the same name as the template.
>>>
>>> It would be easy to lose a valuable test plan.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure why the code does not just load the content from the
>>> template, and leave to the user to save the test plan where they wish.
>>

>> +1, I would be better to make like "merge" (or use the merge functionalty)
>> to open the template.
>>

> Yes - would need to clear any existing plan first though.

Just occurs to me that one might want to use templates for partial test plans?

If so, then it would be useful not to clear the existing plan first.

Maybe the templates.xml file could include a flag to say whether the
template was a complete test plan or just a snippet?
That would allow the dialog box to easily distinguish the two types.

The Menu item would need to be changed to "Templates..."