jena-users mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] Apache Jena 3.6.0
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:21:35 GMT

We are pleased to announce the release of Apache Jena 3.6.0.

== Key features of the release

30 JIRA:
https://s.apache.org/jena-3.6.0-jira

= Datasets

JENA-1430
The preferred way to work with in-memory, plain data is to use
ja:MemoryDataset which is an ACID transactional dataset.

= Other

JENA-1427
ExtendedIterator gains a new method, nextOptional()
This is experimental and we welcome feedback and comment on the
discussion on the ticket.

JENA-1420
FIX: Fuseki 3.5.0 "upload files" fails

JENA-1443
Models from Datasets (Graphs from DatasetGraphs) provide graph
transaction handlers.

= Upgrades to libraries (runtime dependencies):

No license changes.

Eclipse Jetty:           9.4.5.v20170502 -> 9.4.7.v20170914
Apache Shiro:            1.2.4 -> 1.2.6
Apache Commons IO:       2.5 -> 2.6
Apache Commons CSV:      1.4 -> 1.5
Apache Commons Codec:    1.10 -> 1.11
Apache Thrift:           0.9.3 -> 0.10.0

== Obtaining Apache Jena 3.6.0

* Via central.maven.org

The main jars and their dependencies can used with:

      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.jena</groupId>
        <artifactId>apache-jena-libs</artifactId>
        <type>pom</type>
        <version>3.6.0</version>
      </dependency>

Full details of all maven artifacts are described at:

        http://jena.apache.org/download/maven.html

* As binary downloads

Apache Jena libraries are available as a binary distribution of
libraries. For details of a global mirror copy of Jena binaries please see:

http://jena.apache.org/download/

* Source code for the release

The signed source code of this release is available at:

http://www.apache.org/dist/jena/source/

and the signed master source for all Apache Jena releases is available
at: http://archive.apache.org/dist/jena/

== Contributing

If you would like to help out, a good place to look is the list of
unresolved JIRA at:

http://s.apache.org/jena-jira-current

or review pull requests at

https://github.com/apache/jena/pulls

or drop into the dev@ list.

We use github pull requests and other ways for accepting code:
     https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

      The Apache Jena development community