jena-users mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] Apache Jena 3.5.0
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 23:22:03 GMT

We are pleased to announce the release of Apache Jena 3.5.0.

== Key features of the release

Introducing TDB2:
   http://jena.apache.org/documentation/tdb2/

*TDB2 is not compatible with TDB1*

Compared to TDB1:

* No size limits on transactions : bulk uploads into a live Fuseki
   can be 100's of millions of triples.

* Models and Graphs can be passed across transactions

* No queue of delayed updates, no transaction backlog problems.

* "Writer pays" - readers don't
   All work for update is done on the writer thread.

* Datatypes of numerics preserved; xsd:doubles supported.

TDB2 is subject to change.

We solicit any and all feedback (good and bad!) about TDB2 to help
advance it to deployment-ready.

JENA-1390 : Add StmtIterator.toModel :

JENA-1392 : Add dynamic dataset support to SDB.

JENA-1395 : "--output RDF/XML" now prints using the basic block-oriented
writer, which uses less memory.  Use "--formatted" (same as "--pretty")
for pretty printed RDF/XML.

JENA-1398 :
Upgrade FOAF to add new spelling and deprecation of old for archaic FOAF
properties

== Dependency Upgrades

No license changes.

Upgrade jsonld-java to 0.11
   jackson to 2.9.0
   commons-fileuploader to 1.3.3

== Obtaining Apache Jena 3.5.0

* Via central.maven.org

The main jars and their dependencies can used with:

      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.jena</groupId>
        <artifactId>apache-jena-libs</artifactId>
        <type>pom</type>
        <version>3.5.0</version>
      </dependency>

Full details of all maven artifacts are described at:

        http://jena.apache.org/download/maven.html

* As binary downloads

Apache Jena libraries are available as a binary distribution of
libraries. For details of a global mirror copy of Jena binaries please see:

http://jena.apache.org/download/

* Source code for the release

The signed source code of this release is available at:

http://www.apache.org/dist/jena/source/

and the signed master source for all Apache Jena releases is available
at: http://archive.apache.org/dist/jena/

== Contributing

If you would like to help out, a good place to look is the list of
unresolved JIRA at:

http://s.apache.org/jena-jira-current

or review pull requests at

https://github.com/apache/jena/pulls

or drop into the dev@ list.

We use github pull requests and other ways for accepting code:
     https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

      The Apache Jena development community