jena-dev mailing list archives

From Gregor Trefs <gregor.tr...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between DataSetImpl.addNamedModel and DataSetImpl.replaceNamedModel
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 13:18:29 GMT
 Hello Jena Developers,

first: Thank you for this extensive work. I am currently developing a
little application where I use Jena TDB as my triple store. My intention is
to translate an entities into a named graphs. While driving my development
with unit tests I wondered what the difference between
DataSetImpl.addNamedModel and DataSetImpl.replaceNamedModel is? From the
code perspecitive the replace method does some additional work which seems
not to be necessary. In fact, invoking replace or add for a specific URI
seems to have the same effect: Any named graph which was previously stored
under this URI is replaced. Is this a bug or  a feature?

Best regards,
Gregor