jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Fritz Elfert <fr...@fritz-elfert.de>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache jclouds 2.3.0 released
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2021 07:28:03 GMT
On 18.03.21 21:01, Ignasi Barrera wrote:
> Glad to see it still works! :)
>   Mind sharing in the jclouds user list as well, to close the discussion? (You replied
just to me, probably by mistake :D)

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2021, 20:54 Fritz Elfert <fritz@fritz-elfert.de <mailto:fritz@fritz-elfert.de>>
wrote:

>     On 18.03.21 12:13, Ignasi Barrera wrote:
>      >  > But in general you are right of course. For me in particular, the problem
is: I cannot shade transient dependencies, because all the imports in jclouds have to be
>      > changed accordingly. Therefore, doing the shading in jclouds ist the only intermediate
way to get the new jclouds into my jenkins plugin.
>      >
>      > I don't quite get this. Doesn't the maven-shade-plugin *relocation* do this
precisely? I remember using the shade plugin in the past to shade dependencies, and IIRC
>      > the shade plugin took care of updating all imports in jclouds to use the shaded+relocated
libraries.
>      > It should be possible to shade+relocate outside jclouds.
>      >

>     You are right of course. I had a stupid typo in my shading config which triggered
tons of errors. So I gave up too quickly.