jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache jclouds 2.3.0 released
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2021 08:27:07 GMT
On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 09:16:51AM +0100, Jean-Noël Rouvignac (ForgeRock) wrote:
> Side note: I am interested in helping reduce the reliance on guava (as I
> did with xmlbuilder).
> I am not even contemplating getting rid of it given how deeply it is used.
> But we need to start somewhere. Less adherence == potentially less breakage.

We will gladly accept PRs which improve dependency issues and I
appreciate you removing xmlbuilder!  Java 8 introduced CompletableFuture
so it is possible to migrate from ListenableFuture.  Some technical debt
has accumulated over the years but we should keep chipping away at it.
I do think that using Guava in the public interfaces makes it difficult
to shade this dependency and thus ListenableFuture might be an easy
place to start.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/