jclouds-user mailing list archives

From john.calcote@gmail.com <john.calc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hgst hcp server returning 500 internal server error
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2018 19:42:10 GMT

On 2018/09/16 05:19:15, john.calcote@gmail.com <john.calcote@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I know it's not your business to support HCP, but I'm hoping you've seen this sort of
thing in the past and know of a possible fix/work-around for it. I've got a little test program
that connects to an HGST HCP cloud server and sends a single file - no matter what settings
I use, I get back a 500 internal server error (with no error details, of course). The configuration
is an SSL connection using https and port 443. I had handshake fatal alerts from the server
when I ran it on windows, but moving my program to a RedHat 7.3 system got me past the SSL
connection issues. Now I just see that 500 internal server error when trying to putBlob. Note
that I do a removeBlob first, and that succeeds (though it's likely the blob is not there).
I've also tried several different content forms, including stream, string, byte array, etc.

> Do you know of any special configuration that must be used with HCP?
>
> (It might also interest you to know, if you don't already, that HCP returns an empty
entity on this error, which jclouds attempts to parse as XML with a SAX parser. This generates
a stack trace in the log. It's incidental, but you might want to try to do a little pre-checking
of the content before attempting to parse it with SAX. Just a thought.)

> Thanks in advance,
> John Calcote
> Hammerspace, Inc.

Though we're still not sure, we believe these 500 errors are caused either by disk-full or
container-quota-full conditions.

John