jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jclouds 1.8.1 to Openstack Swift3 object store
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 01:13:16 GMT
Hi Forrest

Thanks for the update!

> Where it looks like I fail is when I am doing a GET
> request on this, http://<url>:8080/<bucket_name>?acl, more
> than once and eventually getting an Internal Server Error --
>
> 2015-12-02 17:06:31.095 DEBUG [Thread-12] j.headers >> GET
> http://vcloud210.storage.tucson.ibm.com:8080/418-b7ff7d008a2711e5bbb9080027001c70?acl

 From your code snippets, I would guess that the ACL calls are coming
from the putBlob call, since createContainerInLocation for the S3 API
[1] resolves more or less to a straight putBucketInRegion call [2],
whereas putBlob includes a call to get the bucket's ACL [3].

Having said that, the getBucketACL call [4] is a call that, according to
these OpenStack docs [5], is "known to be supported". If that call is
actually blowing up for some reason, that would initially seem to point
towards a bug on the OpenStack side.

Are you able to make a successful call to get the bucket's ACL with cURL
or similar, or do you get the same error?

Regards

ap

[1]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/apis/s3/src/main/java/org/jclouds/s3/S3Client.java