jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Ruben Rubio Rey <tk42...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oauth for Google Compute and DigitalOcean
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2015 05:15:36 GMT
Hi Ignasi,

Our platform (If anyone is curious - https://manageacloud.com) requires
different users to set the credentials from their favourite cloud supplier.
At this moment, they had to put the credentials manually (eg clientid /
key) to activate the cloud. For the clouds that supports it (such as
Digital Ocean or Google Compute Engine) we would like to use OAuth for the
authentication because it is easier for the user.

Using Oath requires to steps:
1 - Authenticate the user
2 - Use the token generated in the previous authentication with JClouds to
manage their server infrastructure

I am not sure if JClouds has already something developed for the
authentication itself (If so please let me know) but I would be very
interested in an example of how to use the token generated in the previous
authentication with JClouds to manage their infrastructure.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Ruben