jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Daggett <jeremy.dagg...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: Does jClouds support IPv6?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:33:37 GMT
Hi Jeffrey,

IPv6 Addresses are indeed supported in the Nova Server domain class [1].

JCLOUDS-748 is relevant to the Compute abstraction and the lack of
filtering IPv6 public/private addresses [2][3].

In addition, the comment for particular issue has references in the
response to the Nova Extended IPs Extension [4], as well as the Extended
IPs MAC Address Extension [5]. We will need to create these extensions for
Nova and add fields to relevant classes as necessary.

Please let us know if we can clarify anything else, thanks!

/jd

[1]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/apis/openstack-nova/src/main
/java/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/domain/Server.java#L99

[2]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/apis/openstack-nova/src/main
/java/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/compute/functions/ServerInRegionToNod
eMetadata.java#L124
[3]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/apis/openstack-nova/src/main
/java/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/compute/functions/ServerInRegionToNod
eMetadata.java#L131
[4]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/api/openstack/compute/co
ntrib/extended_ips.py#L75