jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is jclouds developer-friendly for Android ?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 15:14:35 GMT
Hi,

If I'm not wrong Android uses a different implementation of the Java
ServiceLoader, and that might be causing the issue. Could you try
creating the context by directly passing an instance of the provider
metadata? Something like:

ContextBuilder.newBuilder(new KeystoneApiMetadata())

This will bypass the ServiceLoader lookup and instantiate directly the
context with the API you want to use. You may change the metadata
class for whatever ApiMetadata or ProviderMetadata you want to use.

Also, I'd recommend you configure the context to use the OkHttp driver
[1], as it is an HTTP library specifically designed to work on Android
devices.

HTH!

I.

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/tree/master/drivers/okhttp