jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Zack Shoylev <zack.shoy...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject RE: use exponential backoff on retry (was RE: JClouds BlobStore re-authentication when auth token expires)
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 16:32:53 GMT
They are slightly different. I think the connection timeout only applies when initiating the
connection to the remote host. I don't think they are additive.
From: Daniel Hsueh [Daniel.Hsueh@evault.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:02 AM
To: user@jclouds.apache.org
Subject: RE: use exponential backoff on retry (was RE: JClouds BlobStore re-authentication
when auth token expires)

Hello Zack,

Thank you for the explanation.

Could you clarify if, at each retry (after the delay), the SO_TIMEOUT (or CONNECTION_TIMEOUT)
is waited-for as well?  And what is the difference between the SO_TIMEOUT and the CONNECTION_TIMEOUT?
 (Comments in Constants.java say socket connection vs connection, code [e.g. HttpUtils] says
"so" is socket open, and I can't seem to trace exactly where the values end up being used
in practice.)

Thank you again.

Daniel Hsueh