jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: vcloud-director support
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 04:24:37 GMT
Hi Duncan

Thanks for bringing this up! Sorry for the delay in responding - 1.8.1
has been eating up some time of late ;-)

> Please chip in and maybe copy users on the dev discussion on this
> particular topic.

One related topic that has recently been discussed on the dev list [1]
is the overall size and maintenance effort related to the larger APIs.
It would be a very useful learning experience for all, I think, if we
could apply some of the thinking from that here by looking to create a
minimal "walking API skeleton" first and seeing how far users can run
with that.

That should hopefully not only lower the bar to entry quite a lot in
terms of making initial reviews etc. much quicker. It would also allow
us to hopefully get user feedback quickly on which functionality they
are missing, so we can focus our effort on what users are actually
asking for.

@Duncan, Rajesh, jclouds users: Does this approach sound like
something that you think could work?

Regards