jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible bugs / acknowledgement
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:33:41 GMT

On 28.1.15 8:10 , Johannes Birgmeier wrote:
> In AdminPrincipal.java, somebody just complelely forgot about the
> contract; while equals() returns:
>
> return obj == this || obj instanceof AdminPrincipal;
>
> , hashCode() returns
>
> return adminId.hashCode();
>
> , which breaks the hashCode/equals contract.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3848

I'd also be interested in the types of issues your analyser is able to
detect. One of the most common cases I see is breaking symmetry of
equality. This is usually introduce by extending from an non abstract
class and overriding equals. Can you deal with this?

On a more general note, will (parts) of your work be publicly available?
For example as a stand alone utility of even better as plugin for find
bugs or the like? I think this would be of tremendous value as equals
implementations are notorious hard to get right. Any links are appreciated.

Michael