From Subash Chaturanga <subash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How face recognition can be used to make PhotArk gallery rich in details, as well as in functionality.
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:42:18 GMT
Hi, I went through the face.com developer documentation in bit more detail.
And I also looked in to the java client library for face.com API.
But  I couldn't find any documentation yet on using that java client. But in
some discussion forums I saw some have already used the java client
successfully.

So I downloaded the client and its dependencies and tried to use it after
occupying a face.com API key and an API secret. It was awesome. I did a
sample code to detect (not recognizing) faces and it worked. When I have a
crowded image with more than 15, 20 people it exactly identifies the people
count and I could even get attributes such as who wears glasses and who
smiles and etc. I am looking on how we can use facebook friends list (or
even a private name space) and train the face.com index to recognize a given
picture domain by using the java client. ( which I feel, is the basic
functionality expected by the idea, adding face recognition to photark, on
photark road map.)

--
Regards
Subash Chaturanga