From Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <suhotha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contribution to Apache PhotArk
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:04:44 GMT
On 14 February 2011 15:39, Kishanthan Thangarajah <kshanth2101@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm Kishanthan, an undergraduate Student from SriLanka. I'm willing to
> contribute to Apache PhotArk.
> These days i have been playing with PhotArk and its features looking at
> documentations trying to understand. I find its really interesting has lot
> of scope for development.
> From the mail archives i found the new RoadMap for PhotArk with some
> really interesting ideas specially expanding album subscription support to
> PhotArk [1],[2].
> I would like work on this. But i find that there have been some patches
> provided and applied also. So i want to know whether this idea is still
> open
> for implementation?. Since Im fairly new to the code base can someone
> suggest me on where to begin? or some documentation regarding this idea?
> Your guidance will be very much helpful for me.
>
>  Hi Kishanthan

Welcome to PhotArk.

The idea PHOTARK-18 & PHOTARK-19, the album subscription on Picasa and
Flickr
had been taken as the last year's Gsoc project,
and now with the help of Subash it has reached a stable state.

Since you are new, play with PhotArk and then try to fix some bugs and
Improvement.

I also advice to checkout the REST Branch[1] because now our main focus is
on Improving the REST branch and moving key features from Trunk to REST.

Inform to the mailing list and start implementing.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/photark/branches/photark-rest/

Suho

Thanks,