From "Kumar, Devesh" <devs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making PhotArk More Social
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 09:43:02 GMT
Hi,

I have worked with Memcached and Redis. I might be able to add some value
here. Can I have a high level overview of nature of data and sizing.
Cassandra will be a complex setup from deployment point of view, so its
better to rule that out.
I have not tried Hadoop so can't comment on that.
You can however use AVRO (hadoop project) serialization/deserialization and
store a complete JSON payload against a key into one of the above memory
datastructures (both for redis/memcached) and have tested with 600
writes/sec and 1000 reads/sec.

Thanks & Regards,
Devesh