From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Display remote albums in gallery
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:43:59 GMT
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:40 AM, Subash Chaturanga <subashsdm@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Partitioning the JCR to better differentiate these albums " , as I feel
> without directly storing them in the root level we can have two nodes called
> local and remote. And inside remote we can have picasa and flicker and then
> put albums in the typical way.But this would cause to change considerable
> amount of code which already acting  based on the root level albums. So what
> I was trying to do is store them in the root level as now and view them in
> gallery any how. Wonder what is the best way, either to keep this as it is
> or modify the JCR album structure.

In the REST branch, I think I had used "Albums"  and "RemoteAlbums"
as root for different types of albums. As for a lot of code changes,
if you make "gallery"  to be an aggregator of Albums and RemoteAlbums,
there might be no side effects bubbled up to the ui, thus not a lot of
change ? The issue is that the code is getting more and more
complicated to maintain it.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende