From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pass HttpServletRequest parameter to JCRImageUploadServiceImpl.addPictureToAlbum() from a JS
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:25:55 GMT
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah
<suhothayan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 October 2010 23:46, Subash Chaturanga <subashsdm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Luciano,
>>
>> What i want to do is , when some one hit the subscribe button providing
>> album name, feed url, and album description I want to add create a new
>> album
>> in the repository and add those images to that album.
>>
> I have a doubt where you are going to save the new album in the repository.
> When we create an album node at the root in JCR then this remote album is
> going to contain a different sets of meta data form the others. therefore we
> also need to handle this differences every time when we fetch the albums.
> If we can have a hierarchical structure
> /albums/local/<normal albums>  and
> /albums/remote/picasa/<picasa albums>
> then it will be easy for the Photark to handle specific albums accordingly

I guess we can have different options here:
 - identify local versus remote and picasa versus different type with
different paths in the JCR repository
 - Identify local versus remote with attributes/metadata and same for
the type (picasa versus flickr, etc)

Do we know if there is performance advantages compared to one approach
versus another ?

>> So for that I have to
>>
>> 1. JCRGalleryImpl.addAlbum() to create a new album
>> 2. JCRImageUploadServiceImpl.addPictureToAlbum() to store Image instances .
>>
>> I have to do these things in a method which inside a service component
>> called PicasaSubscription / FlickerSubscription which is invoked from
>> upload.js. This is what I am going to achieve. So the HttpServletRequest is
>> needed for addPictureToAlbum() method.
>>
>> So how can I achieve this? Any suggestions please?
>>
> I think at the time of submitting, we have to store the album meta data in
> the JCR, and when loading the gallery just fetching these albums remotely,
> populate them to a new photark album, and sending that to the gallery will
> do

If I understand it correctly, this is more what I had in mind.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende